INTRODUCTION TO LEATHERWORKING
Live Handicrafts Class with Amy Bodkin, EdS
My favorite part of teaching handicrafts is helping children develop a relationship with different kinds of materials and techniques so they can use their creativity to come up with their own unique projects! Children are ready for different skills at different times. Therefore, I will provide a wide range of options so that the entire family can participate in developing a relationship with leather and how we can work with it using a variety of tools and techniques.
Project options include:
- Drawstring bag
- Leather mask
- Braided bracelet
- Leather-bound journal
You can learn more about Amy Bodkin here.
- Day / Time: Mondays @ 11:00am CT
- Registration fee: $65
- Student Age Range: the entire family!
REQUIRED MATERIALS (not included):
- Bookmark Blanks
- Fiebing’s sealer
- Scrap leather
- Leather lace
- Styrofoam Mannequin Head
- Bracelet Kit
- Moccasin Kit or Pattern
OPTIONAL MATERIALS (not included):
- Feb 20th – Leather Bookmarks
- Mar 13th – Leather Drawstring Bag
- Mar 20th – Molded Mask
- Mar 27th – Braided Leather Bracelet
- Apr 17th – Leather Belt
- Apr 24th – Leather Bound Journal
- May 1st – Leather Tray or Pouch
- May 8th – Leather Moccasin Loafers
- May 15th – Leatherworking Possibilities
Register for Intro to Leatherworking today!
HOW IT WORKS: All online classes, whether Live or Recorded, offer access to the class forum where you can interact with the instructor. You will have access to the class and the instructor for the full semester. You must be a member of The Charlotte Mason Co-op to register for classes. Besides being able to register for classes, Co-op Members enjoy many other benefits including:
- Discounted prices on many CMP products
- Full access to the Private Co-op Area of the Forum
- Co-op “Gatherings” that include Mom’s Afternoon Tea, CM Study Sessions, Homeschool Planning Sessions, Book Clubs, etc.
- See the full list of benefits here
When you register for a class and/or the co-op, you will be required to take the following steps:
- Fill out a Registration Form – your account status will be pending until your Registration Form has been received and approved. Please note that, after checkout, you will receive an email from support @ cmplenary.com with the link to fill out the Registration Form.
- Read and agree to The Charlotte Mason Online Classes Handbook.
- Join the Forum – you can find the forum here: cmplenary.com/community
ONLINE CLASSES & MEMBERSHIP POLICY
Members of The Charlotte Mason Co-op will be required to fill out and submit a Registration Form and must read and agree to the rules stated within The Charlotte Mason Online Classes Handbook. All Members’ status will be pending until they are approved and admitted to the Forum and any classes. Any violation of the rules within the Handbook is grounds for removal from The Charlotte Mason Co-op, the Forum, and all classes. A Charlotte Mason Plenary LLC reserves the right to deny access to classes, the forum, and any memberships to anyone at our sole discretion. Cancellations / non-payments of your monthly Co-op Membership fee will automatically unenroll you in any classes for which you registered. No refunds will be given for co-op fees or class registration fees. No refunds will be offered for classes lost due to cancellation or non-payment of your Membership. You can view our full Refund Policy here.