Amy Bodkin, EdS, is the Special Needs Consultant at A Charlotte Mason Plenary, an advocate for children with special needs at AmyBodkin.com, a former School Psychologist, and a certified yoga instructor.
Amy is uniquely qualified when it comes to teaching children with a wide range of developmental needs and subjects that emphasize “doing” as well as “mindfulness.” All of her classes are taught from a developmental approach. You can learn more about Amy Bodkin here.
COURSE DESCRIPTION FROM AMY:
It is time to do something to take care of your own mental well-being and the mental health of your teen, and Yoga for Mental Health may be just the answer!
The last couple years have been quite challenging. In just the first few months of the pandemic, the prescription for anti-anxiety medications increased by 34%. During this past spring, ER visits for teenage suicide attempts increased more than 50% compared to the rates before the pandemic. And if you have tried to get an appointment with a therapist, then you probably know that almost all therapists are overbooked and not accepting new clients.
In this class, I will help you and your teen release anxiety and improve mental well-being. I will be using my expertise as a Yoga Instructor (certified through Yoga Alliance) to teach you the philosophy that guides the practice of yoga.
While I am insured to provide instruction to special populations including pregnant women, children, and those with special needs, this particular class is for parents and teens. We will be doing some movement each class, but our main focus will be working within.
- Day / Time: Start any time / go at your own pace
- Age Range: Parents and Teens
- Evergreen Semester Access: You will have access to this course for 5 months (150 days) from the date of purchase
OPTIONAL MATERIALS (not included):
- Any yoga mat or props you like
Register for Yoga for Mental Health today!
How Online Courses Work
All online classes, whether Live or Recorded, offer interaction with the instructor through email.
- For Live Courses, you will have access to the course for the scheduled course duration, plus 30 days after the last class.
- For semester-long Pre-recorded Courses, you will have access to the course for 5 months (150 days) from the date of purchase.
- For year-long Pre-recorded Courses, you will have access for 10 months (300 days) from the date of purchase.
We’d love to have you join us!
In completing your purchase, you are agreeing to the following:
You have read and agree to our Terms of Services Policy.
You have read and agree to our Refund Policy.
You agree to read and abide by the rules within the “Charlotte Mason Your Way Online Courses Handbook.”