PLENARY PICTURE STUDY
The fascinating world of Publicola comes to life through the work of great artists. Paintings by Botticelli, Rubens, Jacques-Louis David and more tell the story of Publicola like you’ve never seen it before.
This Picture Study is meant to be used with our Publicola Study Guide.
EACH PLUTARCH PICTURE STUDY INCLUDES:
- Eight (8) prints by great artists that illustrate an event within Plutarch’s text
- Detail and background information about each print
- Information on how each print relates to Plutarch’s text
We give you several options to best suit your family’s needs:
Our Plenary PDF Download option gives you the flexibility to study each high-resolution image from your computer or tablet, or to print the paintings yourself from home or at your local print shop.
PRINTED AND MAILED:
If you would like us to do the printing for you, simply choose our Plenary Prints and we will mail them to you, complete and ready to use. Each painting is printed in full color on cardstock durable enough for school use. Please allow 1-2 weeks for Media Mail shipping.
EXTRA SET OF PLENARY PRINTS:
If you are teaching multiple students, we offer Extra Plenary Prints at a reduced price. This allows you to provide each student with their own set of prints.
PAINTINGS IN THIS PICTURE STUDY:
- The Tragedy of Lucretia by Sandro Botticelli
- The Abduction of the Sabine Women by Nicolas Poussin
- The Rape of the Sabine Women by Peter Paul Rubens
- The Lictors Returning to Brutus the Bodies of His Sons by Jacques-Louis David
- Horatius Cocles Defending the Bridge by Charles Le Brun
- Mucius Scaevola Before Porsenna by Peter Paul Rubens and Anthony van Dyck
- Mucius Scaevola in the Presence of Lars Porsenna by Matthias Stom
- Cloelia Crossing the Tiber by Giulio Bonasone
All of the above paintings can be viewed online for free through our Publicola Resources page. It is a free resource provided by The Plenary for anyone who wishes to use it. However, we offer this Picture Study supplement as an additional option if you would like high-resolution images, high-quality prints, or more information about each painting. We hope these resources will enhance your study of Plutarch.
Our Curriculum products do not contain any religious content. We do not assume that our customers are all one faith or denomination. We embrace the diversity that makes up the homeschool community. We know that you are teaching your personal beliefs to your children and we do not want to interfere with that teaching. Therefore, all of our Plenary Curriculum Products are free of religious content.
ALL SALES FINAL ON DIGITAL PRODUCTS
SHIPPING VIA MEDIA MAIL TAKES 1-2 WEEKS