PLUTARCH’S LIFE OF PUBLICOLA
The fascinating world of Publicola comes to life through the work of great artists.
Paintings by Botticelli, Rubens, Jacques-Louis David and more tell the story of Publicola like you’ve never seen it before.
This Picture Study is a supplement to The Annotated Plutarch: Publicola study guide.
EACH PLUTARCH PICTURE STUDY INCLUDES:
- Eight to ten (8-10) prints by great artists that illustrate an event within Plutarch’s text
- Detail and background information about each print
- Information on how each print relates to Plutarch’s text
CHOOSE THE OPTION THAT MEETS YOUR NEEDS
OPTION #1: PRINTED BOOKLET
If you would like us to do the printing for you, simply choose our Printed Booklet, with or without a Print Set.
The Booklet acts as a Teacher’s Guide and includes high-quality images of each print, detail and background information about each image, and discussion questions.
You can use the Booklet on its own or with a Print Set for your student. The Booklet will be mailed to you via Media Mail (please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery).
OPTION #2: PDF DOWNLOAD
Our PDF Download option gives you the flexibility to study each high-resolution image from your computer or tablet, or to print the artwork yourself from home or at your local print shop.
PRINT SET ADD-ON
If you would like your student to have individual prints, we also offer a Print Set. This allows students to have their own set of prints. Each Print Set is printed on high-quality cardstock and comes shrink-wrapped. Note: The Print Set is an add-on option to the Booklet or PDF Download.
PAINTINGS IN THIS PICTURE STUDY:
- The Tragedy of Lucretia by Sandro Botticelli
- The Abduction of the Sabine Women by Nicolas Poussin
- The Rape of the Sabine Women by Peter Paul Rubens
- The Lictors Returning to Brutus the Bodies of His Sons by Jacques-Louis David
- Horatius Cocles Defending the Bridge by Charles Le Brun
- Mucius Scaevola Before Porsenna by Peter Paul Rubens and Anthony van Dyck
- Mucius Scaevola in the Presence of Lars Porsenna by Matthias Stom
- Cloelia Crossing the Tiber by Giulio Bonasone
All of the above paintings can be viewed online for free through our Publicola Resources page, a free resource provided by The Plenary for anyone who wishes to use it.
However, we offer this Picture Study supplement as an additional option if you would like high-resolution images, high-quality prints, or more information about each painting. We hope these resources will enhance your study of Plutarch.
ALL SALES FINAL ON DIGITAL PRODUCTS | SHIPPING VIA MEDIA MAIL TAKES 2-3 WEEKS