Live Classes with MY TEK LAB
Looking for a fun way for your student to learn computer coding? The Charlotte Mason Co-op has partnered with MY TEK LAB to bring you live, interactive computer coding classes! Students will learn programming fundamentals, many different creative applications, web design tools, and general technology concepts in the following classes:
- TEKnology Level 1 for Elementary Students (ages 8-12)
- TEKnology Level 1 for Teens (ages 13+)
- TEKnology Level 2 for Teens (ages 13+)
Your instructor is Stephen Souders, otherwise known as Mr MYTEK. Stephen has worked in the field of information technology since he was 15 years old when he began his career by working for an ISP while still in high school. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems from Florida Gulf Coast University and a master’s degree in Computer Information Systems from Kennesaw State University. Over the years, Stephen has worked specifically in the web development field, managed an Information Technology department, and taught classes at Georgia Highlands College for more than 6 years. Stephen and his wife, Jacky, also homeschool their own children and opened MYTEK LAB in 2015. Together, they have been teaching technology education to students of all ages since then. You can learn more about Stephen & Jacky Souders from My Tek Lab here.
DETAILS FOR ALL MY TEK LAB CLASSES:
- Registration fee: $375 per student
- Regular price at MY TEK LAB is $490.00
- Save $115 by registering through CMP!
- Year-long Access: August 23, 2022 through May 24, 2023
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR ALL MY TEK LAB CLASSES:
- Laptop and or desktop computer running Windows or Mac OS
- MYTEK LAB Parent Account and Student Account
- Zoom video conferencing software
- Please note that the registration fee for this class is per student, not per family. To enroll multiple students, please purchase multiple classes.
- All MY TEK LAB classes will be conducted on the MY TEK LAB website and forum, NOT on the CMP website and forum.
- You must be a member of The Charlotte Mason Co-op to get the discounted price for MY TEK LAB classes. Click here to join!
OPTION #1: TEKnology Lab Level 1 (ages 8-12) Wednesdays @ 3:00 p.m. CT
Specifically designed for Elementary level students ages 8 to 12 years old, TEKnology Lab Level 1 offers an introductory look at many different areas of technology. In this live and interactive course, students will learn programming fundamentals, many different creative applications, web design tools as well as many general technology concepts. TEKnology Lab 1 (ages 8-12) is a comprehensive year-long course that will cover:
- Computer fundamentals
- 2D Game Art
- 3D modeling for games
- VR Development
- Web Design
- 3D Modeling for 3D Printing
TEKnology Lab 1 starts on August 24, 2022, and ends on May 24, 2023. See more info about this class here.
OPTION #2: TEKnology Lab Level 1 (ages 13+) Tuesdays @ 12:00 p.m. CT
In this live and interactive course, students will learn programming fundamentals, many different creative applications, web design tools as well as many general technology concepts. This level is designed for Middle School or for High School students with very little technology experience. TEKnology Lab 1 is a comprehensive year-long course that will cover:
- Computer fundamentals
- 2D Game Art I
- Programming I
- 3D modeling for games I
- VR Development I
- Web Design I
- Robotics I
- 3D Modeling for 3D Printing I
This class meets the requirements for Computer Education and Computer Science elective credit. TEKnology Lab 1 starts on August 23, 2022, and ends on May 23, 2023. See more info about this class here.
OPTION #3: TEKnology Lab Level 2 (ages 13+) Tuesdays @ 3:00 p.m. CT
- Web Design II
- VR Development II
- 3D Modeling for 3D Printing II
- 2D Game art II
- 3D Game Development I
- Linux Introduction I
- Robotics II
HOW IT WORKS: All online classes, whether Live or Recorded, offer access to the class forum where you can interact with the instructor. You will have access to the class and the instructor for the full semester. You must be a member of The Charlotte Mason Co-op to register for classes. Besides being able to register for classes, Co-op Members enjoy many other benefits including:
- Discounted prices on many CMP products
- Full access to the Private Co-op Area of the Forum
- Co-op “Gatherings” that include Mom’s Afternoon Tea, CM Study Sessions, Homeschool Planning Sessions, Book Clubs, etc.
- See the full list of benefits here
When you register for a class and/or the co-op, you will be required to take the following steps:
- Fill out a Registration Form – your account status will be pending until your Registration Form has been received and approved. Please note that, after checkout, you will receive an email from support @ cmplenary.com with the link to fill out the Registration Form.
- Read and agree to The Charlotte Mason Online Classes Handbook.
- Join the Forum – you can find the forum here: cmplenary.com/community
ONLINE CLASSES & MEMBERSHIP POLICY
Members of The Charlotte Mason Co-op will be required to fill out and submit a Registration Form and must read and agree to the rules stated within The Charlotte Mason Online Classes Handbook. All Members’ status will be pending until they are approved and admitted to the Forum and any classes. Any violation of the rules within the Handbook is grounds for removal from The Charlotte Mason Co-op, the Forum, and all classes. A Charlotte Mason Plenary LLC reserves the right to deny access to classes, the forum, and any memberships to anyone at our sole discretion. Cancellations / non-payments of your monthly Co-op Membership fee will automatically unenroll you in any classes for which you registered. No refunds will be given for co-op fees or class registration fees. No refunds will be offered for classes lost due to cancellation or non-payment of your Membership. You can view our full Refund Policy here.