MIDDLE SCHOOL SCIENCE
Live Classes with Lari Jo Edwards
We’ve got you covered when it comes to Middle School Science! All of our Science classes are taught by Lari Jo Edwards, the Science Education Specialist here at A Charlotte Mason Plenary.
Lari Jo has a Bachelor of Science degree in Marine Biology from Texas A&M University and a Master of Science degree in Ecological Teaching and Learning from Lesley University. She is an expert in the Charlotte Mason method of teaching Science and Nature Study and she is a Charlotte Mason homeschooling mom! You can learn more about Lari Jo and her credentials here.
CLASS DESCRIPTION FROM LARI JO:
Middle School Science spirals throughout grades 6 to 8; this means that rather than attempting to master all of the learnings within a subject (i.e. Biology, Physical Science, Earth and Space Science) in one year, students will explore elements of each discipline throughout each of their three years in middle school. This creates a more firm foundation for specialization in High School.
LIVE CLASS DETAILS:
- Day / Time: Tuesdays 10:00-11:00 a.m. Central Time
- Max Class Size: 25
- Registration fee per Semester: $100
FALL CLASS SCHEDULE:
- 9/13/2022 – Chemistry
- 9/27/2022 – Chemistry
- 10/11/2022 – Physical Science
- 10/25/2022 – Gravity & Energy
- 11/8/2022 – Energy
- 11/22/2022 – Sound/Light Waves
- 12/6/2022 – Electricity/Magnetism
SPRING CLASS SCHEDULE:
- 2/14/2023 – Earth Science
- 2/28/2023 – Earth Science
- 3/14/2023 – Classification / Cells
- 3/28/2023 – Plants and Animals
- 4/11/2023 – Ecosystems
- 4/25/2023 – History of Life
- 5/9/2023 – Human Body Systems
REQUIRED MATERIALS (not included):
- Everything You Need to Ace Science in One Big Fat Book (Middle School Edition)
- Walden: The Fully Annotated Edition by Henry David Thoreau and Jeffrey S. Cramer
- Graph paper such as this notebook
- Science Notebook such as this notebook
OPTIONAL MATERIALS (not included):
- Middle School Science Education: Building Foundations of Scientific Understanding, Vol. III, Grades 6-8 by Bernard J. Nebel
- Walden Journal Edition
Register for Middle School Science today!
HOW ONLINE CLASSES WORK:
All online classes, whether Live or Recorded, offer access to the class forum where you can interact with the instructor. You will have access to the class and the instructor for the full semester. You must be a member of The Charlotte Mason Co-op to register for classes. Besides being able to register for classes, Co-op Members enjoy many other benefits including:
- Discounted prices on many CMP products
- Full access to the Private Co-op Area of the Forum
- Co-op “Gatherings” that include Mom’s Afternoon Tea, CM Study Sessions, Homeschool Planning Sessions, Book Clubs, etc.
- See the full list of benefits here
When you register for a class and/or the co-op, you will be required to take the following steps:
- Fill out a Registration Form – your account status will be pending until your Registration Form has been received and approved. Please note that, after checkout, you will receive an email from support @ cmplenary.com with the link to fill out the Registration Form.
- Read and agree to The Charlotte Mason Online Classes Handbook.
- Join the Forum – you can find the forum here: cmplenary.com/community
Register today! We’d love to have you join us!
ONLINE CLASSES & MEMBERSHIP POLICY
Members of The Charlotte Mason Co-op will be required to fill out and submit a Registration Form and must read and agree to the rules stated within The Charlotte Mason Online Classes Handbook. All Members’ status will be pending until they are approved and admitted to the Forum and any classes. Any violation of the rules within the Handbook is grounds for removal from The Charlotte Mason Co-op, the Forum, and all classes. A Charlotte Mason Plenary LLC reserves the right to deny access to classes, the forum, and any memberships to anyone at our sole discretion. Cancellations / non-payments of your monthly Co-op Membership fee will automatically unenroll you in any classes for which you registered. No refunds will be given for co-op fees or class registration fees. No refunds will be offered for classes lost due to cancellation or non-payment of your Membership. You can view our full Refund Policy here.