Co-op Gathering – Recorded Zoom Meeting for Principle #7
Our live Zoom meeting for Principle #7 was recorded on Monday, 4/04/22.
Steps to Study this Principle
Note: All the study steps are available below.. just scroll down!
- Watch Rachel’s “Principle Overview” video
- Watch Amy’s “Special Needs Considerations” video
- Read or listen to Chapter 6 “Three Instruments of Education” (Part 2) in Volume 6, A Philosophy of Education (if you have time.. we know you are busy!)
- Answer the study questions below
Step 1: Principle Overview by Rachel Lebowitz
Note: This is an older version of the video for this Principle. It has the same content as the updated version, however, we have not finished editing the updated video yet, as my video editor (my son) has been very busy lately! But the older video will be fine for now. 😉
Step 2: Special Needs Considerations for this Principle by Amy Bodkin, EdS
Step 3: Read or listen to Volume 6, Chapter 6 "Three Instruments of Education" (Part 2)
If you don’t own Volume 6, you can download the FREE PDF Study Guide here which includes the chapter reading for this Principle.. or simply listen to audio of this chapter.
If you’d like to have the whole Volume 6 book, you can purchase The Annotated Edition of Volume 6 here (published by A Charlotte Mason Plenary).
Step 5: Study Questions
The following study questions are also listed in the Finding Your Way with Charlotte Mason’s 20 Principles Study Guide.
- If you had previously heard of the quote “Education is an atmosphere, a discipline, and a life,” did you have any preconceived ideas about what discipline meant?
- What does it mean to you now that you have read more about it? How did your understanding of discipline change, if any?
- Did any quotes really resonate with you?
- How can the three steps help to establish good intellectual habits? The three steps being:
- Use a Charlotte Mason Curriculum
- The students must do the work for themselves
- The students must narrate
- How can you help your students do the work for themselves?
- If you need help with narration, please see the article Beginning Narration.
- Make a list of the habits that Charlotte describes in both Volume 6, Chapter 6, Part 2: Education is a Discipline, and in Volume 1, Parts 2 and 3.
- What habits do you plan to work on with your children?
- What habits do YOU need to work on?
We’ll see you at our next Zoom meeting! Here’s the full schedule (also available on our Google Calendar here):
20 Principles Meeting Schedule
All zoom meetings are on Monday night at 9pm CST
- Jan. 24th – Principle #1
- Feb. 7th – Principle #2
- Feb. 21st – Principle #3
- March 7th – Principle #4
- March 21st – Principles #5-6
- April 4th – Principle #7
- April 18th – Principle #8
- May 2nd – Principles #9-10
- May 16th – Principles #11-13
- May 30th – Principles #14-15
- June 13th – Principles #16-19
- June 27th – Principle #20