Co-op Gathering – Recorded Zoom Meeting for Principle #4
You can watch our live Zoom discussion for Principle #4 above (recorded on 3/07/22).
Steps to Study this Principle
Note: All the study steps are available below.. just scroll down!
- Watch Rachel’s “Principle Overview” video
- Watch Amy’s “Special Needs Considerations” video
- Read or listen to Chapter 5 “The Sacredness of Personality” in Volume 6, A Philosophy of Education (if you have time.. we know you are busy!)
- Answer the study questions below
Step 1: Principle Overview by Rachel Lebowitz
Step 2: Special Needs Considerations for this Principle by Amy Bodkin, EdS
Step 3: Read or listen to:
Volume 6, Chapter 5: The Sacredness of Personality
If you don’t own Volume 6, you can download the FREE PDF Study Guide here which includes the chapter reading for this Principle.. or simply listen to audio of this chapter.
If you’d like to have the whole Volume 6 book, you can purchase The Annotated Edition of Volume 6 here (published by A Charlotte Mason Plenary).
Step 5: Study Questions
The following study questions are also listed in the Finding Your Way with Charlotte Mason’s 20 Principles Study Guide.
- Do you think this Principle ties in with Principle #1, that a child is a born person? Why or why not?
- Think back to when you were a child in school – what motivated you to learn?
- Was it a healthy motivation? Or were any encroachments used?
- Can you identify any ways in which you encroach upon your child’s personality?
- What ‘natural desires’ do you have the tendency to ‘play upon’ with your child?
- What plan of action can you take to diminish those encroachments?
- What quotes from this chapter stood out to you?
We’ll see you at our next Zoom meeting! Here’s the full schedule (also available on our Google Calendar here):
20 Principles Meeting Schedule
All zoom meetings are on Monday night at 9pm CST
- Jan. 24th – Principle #1
- Feb. 7th – Principle #2
- Feb. 21st – Principle #3
- March 7th – Principle #4
- March 21st – Principles #5-6
- April 4th – Principle #7
- April 18th – Principle #8
- May 2nd – Principles #9-10
- May 16th – Principles #11-13
- May 30th – Principles #14-15
- June 13th – Principles #16-19
- June 27th – Principle #20