Co-op Gathering – Recorded Zoom Meeting
If you missed our live Zoom meeting for Principle #3, you can watch the meeting recording above.
Steps to Study this Principle
Note: All the study steps are available below.. just scroll down!
- Watch Rachel’s “Principle Overview” video
- Watch Amy’s “Special Needs Considerations” video
- Read or listen to Chapter 4 “Authority & Docility” in Volume 6, A Philosophy of Education (if you have time.. we know you are busy!)
- Answer the study questions below
Step 1: Principle Overview by Rachel Lebowitz
Step 2: Special Needs Considerations for this Principle by Amy Bodkin, EdS
Step 3: Read or listen to:
Volume 6, Chapter 4: "Authority & Docility"
If you don’t own Volume 6, you can download the FREE PDF Study Guide here which includes the chapter reading for this Principle.. or simply listen to audio of this chapter.
If you’d like to have the whole Volume 6 book, you can purchase The Annotated Edition of Volume 6 here (published by A Charlotte Mason Plenary).
Step 5: Study Questions
The following study questions are also listed in the Finding Your Way with Charlotte Mason’s 20 Principles Study Guide.
- What is your initial reaction to the words “Authority” and “Obedience” – positive or negative? Why?
- Charlotte says that “Without this principle, society would cease to cohere.” Do you agree or disagree with her statement? Why?
- In what ways are you “under authority” every day?
- What are some things you can do to “secure willing obedience” from your children?
- What are some things you plan to do to restore the balance between Authority and Obedience in your home?
- What quotes from this chapter stood out to you?
We’ll see you at our next meeting when we study Principle #4!
Here’s the full schedule (also available on our Google Calendar here):
20 Principles Meeting Schedule
All zoom meetings are on Monday night at 9pm CST
- Jan. 24th – Principle #1
- Feb. 7th – Principle #2
- Feb. 21st – Principle #3
- March 7th – Principle #4
- March 21st – Principles #5-6
- April 4th – Principle #7
- April 18th – Principle #8
- May 2nd – Principles #9-10
- May 16th – Principles #11-13
- May 30th – Principles #14-15
- June 13th – Principles #16-19
- June 27th – Principle #20