Literature for Form 3 Students (Grades 7-8)
- If your student hasn’t read King Arthur yet, now is the time to do that!
- Be sure your student reads a retelling of Beowulf as well.
- Before high school, be sure your student has a good foundation of Greek and Norse mythology (see Mythology section).
- Choose other literature based on your historical time period or your student’s interest.
Mythology for Form 3 Students (Grades 7-8)
- If you are starting the CM method with an older student, please look at the Greek Mythology choices in Form 2.
- If your student has had a good foundation in Greek and Norse Mythology, and Arthurian Legend, feel free to choose from another category such as world mythology or Native American mythology.
- Bulfinch’s Mythology was essential reading in CM’s schools, but it can be delayed until High School if needed.