YOGA FOR MENTAL HEALTH
with Special Needs Consultant, Amy Bodkin, EdS
Spring 2022 Live Class
Amy Bodkin, EdS, is the Special Needs Consultant at A Charlotte Mason Plenary, an advocate for children with special needs at AmyBodkin.com, a former School Psychologist, and a certified yoga instrctor.
Amy is uniquely qualified when it comes to teaching children with a wide range of developmental needs and subjects that emphasize “doing” as well as “mindfulness.”
All of her classes are taught from a developmental approach. You can learn more about Amy Bodkin here.
COURSE DESCRIPTION FROM AMY:
It is time to do something to take care of your own mental well-being and the mental health of your teen, and Yoga for Mental Health may be just the answer!
The last couple years have been quite challenging. In just the first few months of the pandemic, the prescription for anti-anxiety medications increased by 34%. During this past spring, ER visits for teenage suicide attempts increased more than 50% compared to the rates before the pandemic. And if you have tried to get an appointment with a therapist, then you probably know that almost all therapists are overbooked and not accepting new clients.
In this class, I will help you and your teen release anxiety and improve mental well-being. I will be using my expertise as a Yoga Instructor (certified through Yoga Alliance) to teach you the philosophy that guides the practice of yoga.
While I am insured to provide instruction to special populations including pregnant women, children, and those with special needs, this particular class is for parents and teens. We will be doing some movement each class, but our main focus will be working within.
- Day / Time: Tuesdays 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. Central Time
- Number of Classes: 11
- Minimum Class Size Needed: 10
- Max Class Size: 40
- Co-op Member Price: $75
- Non-Member Price: $105
- Age Range: Parents and Teens
- Semester: You will have full access to this class and the instructor during the Spring 2022 Semester from January 17th through April 30th
- Tuesday Jan.18th
- Tuesday Jan. 25th
- Tuesday Feb. 1st
- Tuesday Feb. 8th
- Tuesday Feb. 15th
- Tuesday Feb. 22nd
- Tuesday March 1st
- Tuesday March 8th
- Tuesday March 15th
- Tuesday March 22nd
- Tuesday March 29th
OPTIONAL MATERIALS (not included):
- Any yoga mat or props you like
Register for Yoga for Mental Health today!
HOW IT WORKS:
All online classes, whether Live or Recorded, offer access to the class forum where you can interact with the instructor. You will have access to the class and the instructor for the full semester.
You may register for a class with or without joining The Charlotte Mason Co-op. However, please note that Co-op Members enjoy many benefits including:
- Discounted prices on classes and CM merchandise
- Full access to the Private Co-op Area of the Forum
- Co-op “Gatherings” that include Mom’s Afternoon Tea, CM Study Sessions, Homeschool Planning Sessions, Book Clubs, etc.
- See the full list of benefits here
When you register for a class and/or the co-op, you will be required to take the following steps:
- Fill out a Registration Form – your account status will be pending until your Registration Form has been received and approved. Please note that, after checkout, you will receive an email from rachel @ cmplenary.com with the link to fill out the Registration Form.
- Read and agree to The Charlotte Mason Online Classes Handbook.
- Join the Forum – you can find the forum here: cmplenary.com/community
ONLINE CLASSES & MEMBERSHIP POLICY
Both new Members and Non-Members of The Charlotte Mason Co-op will be required to fill out and submit a Registration Form and must read and agree to the rules stated within The Charlotte Mason Online Classes Handbook. All Members and Non-Members status will be pending until they are approved and admitted to the Forum and any classes. Any violation of the rules within the Handbook are grounds for removal from The Charlotte Mason Co-op, the Forum, and all classes. A Charlotte Mason Plenary LLC reserves the right to deny access to classes, the forum, and any memberships to anyone at our sole discretion. Cancellations / non-payments of your monthly Co-op Membership fee will un-enroll you in any classes in which you registered for within the Membership. No refunds will be given for co-op fees or class registration fees. No refunds will be offered for classes lost due to cancellation or non-payment of your Membership.