INTRODUCTION TO FIELD SKETCHING
Recorded Class with Lari Jo Edwards
If you need help with your nature journaling skills, this class is for you. Intro to Field Sketching is an incredibly popular and thorough class taught by Lari Jo Edwards, the Science Education Specialist here at A Charlotte Mason Plenary.
Lari Jo has a Bachelor of Science degree in Marine Biology from Texas A&M University and a Master of Science degree in Ecological Teaching and Learning from Lesley University.
Lari Jo is also a Naturalist and founder of Your Inner Naturalist where she teaches nature journaling and nature study courses locally. She is an expert in the Charlotte Mason method of teaching Science and Nature Study and she is a Charlotte Mason educator! You can learn more about Lari Jo and her credentials here.
CLASS DESCRIPTION FROM LARI JO:
The Field Sketching Class will introduce the basic skills of sketching over the coures of seven in-depth lessons. Each lesson will include 4 homework assignments to be completed between sessions.
- Access to Class Recordings: 2022 Spring Semester Jan. 17th – April 30th
- Access to Class Forum: 2022 Spring Semester Jan. 17th – April 30th
- Number of Recorded Lessons: 7 (see full Course here)
- Go at your own pace in this pre-recorded class and still be able to intract with Lari Jo in the class forum if you have any questions!
- Co-op Member Price: $100 (Join The Charlotte Mason Co-op here)
- Non-Member Price: $135
REQUIRED MATERIALS (not included):
- 3-Ring Binder to keep Lessons in
- Multi-Media Art Paper that fits in binder such as this set
- Sketching Pencil Set
- Non-Photo Blue Pencil such as this one
OPTIONAL MATERIALS (not included):
- Watercolors (Daniel Smith recommended):
- Colored Pencils (Polychromos) such as this set
- Glue such as Glue Stick Xtreme
- Packing Tape (Clear)
- Class #1: Perspective
- Class #2: Framing
- Class #3: Tints, Tones, Shades & Hues (watercolors for this session help)
- Class #4: Pencil Shading (a set of pencils with different hardnesses help)
- Class #5: Negative Space
- Class #6: Movements & Gestures
- Class #7: Flowers at Different Angles
HOW IT WORKS:
All online classes, whether Live or Recorded, offer access to the class forum where you can interact with the instructor. You will have access to the class and the instructor for the full semester.
You may register for a class with or without joining The Charlotte Mason Co-op. However, please note that Co-op Members enjoy many benefits including:
- Discounted prices on classes and CM merchandise
- Full access to the Private Co-op Area of the Forum
- Co-op “Gatherings” that include Mom’s Afternoon Tea, CM Study Sessions, Homeschool Planning Sessions, Book Clubs, etc.
- See the full list of benefits here
When you register for a class and/or the co-op, you will be required to take the following steps:
- Fill out a Registration Form – your account status will be pending until your Registration Form has been received and approved. Please note that, after checkout, you will receive an email from rachel @ cmplenary.com with the link to fill out the Registration Form.
- Read and agree to The Charlotte Mason Online Classes Handbook.
- Join the Forum – you can find the forum here: cmplenary.com/community
Register today! We’d love to have you join us!
ONLINE CLASSES & MEMBERSHIP POLICY
Both new Members and Non-Members of The Charlotte Mason Co-op will be required to fill out and submit a Registration Form and must read and agree to the rules stated within The Charlotte Mason Online Classes Handbook. All Members and Non-Members status will be pending until they are approved and admitted to the Forum and any classes. Any violation of the rules within the Handbook are grounds for removal from The Charlotte Mason Co-op, the Forum, and all classes. A Charlotte Mason Plenary LLC reserves the right to deny access to classes, the forum, and any memberships to anyone at our sole discretion. Cancellations / non-payments of your monthly Co-op Membership fee will un-enroll you in any classes in which you registered for within the Membership. No refunds will be given for co-op fees or class registration fees. No refunds will be offered for classes lost due to cancellation or non-payment of your Membership.