HIGH SCHOOL PHYSICS 101
Fall 2021 Live Class with Lari Jo Edwards
We’ve got you covered when it comes to High School Science! All of our High School Science classes are taught by Lari Jo Edwards, the Science Education Specialist here at A Charlotte Mason Plenary.
Lari Jo has a Bachelor of Science degree in Marine Biology from Texas A&M University and a Master of Science degree in Ecological Teaching and Learning from Lesley University. She is an expert in the Charlotte Mason method of teaching Science and Nature Study and she is a Charlotte Mason homeschooling mom! You can learn more about Lari Jo and her credentials here.
CLASS DESCRIPTION FROM LARI JO:
Physics includes interactions of matter and energy, velocity, accelerations, force, energy, momentum and charge. Students will be challenged to apply their knowledge of the laws of physics to solve physics related critical thinking problems (Math). Prerequisite: Algebra I
Fall semester is equal to 1/2 credit. Spring semester (not included) is equal to 1/2 credit. Must enroll in Physics 101 (Fall semester) to be admitted to Physics 102 in the Spring semester. Both courses count for a complete High School Physics program. (Syllabus coming soon)
- Day / Time: Thursdays 1:00-2:00 p.m. Central Time
- Number of Classes: 8
- Minimum Class Size Needed: 10
- Max Class Size: 40 (classes fill fast, so act soon!)
- Membership Needed: The Charlotte Mason Co-op
- Class Registration Fee: $150
- Prerequisite: Algebra I
REQUIRED MATERIALS (not included):
- Physics Fun & Beyond: Electrifying Projects and Inventions from Recycled and Low Cost Materials by Eduardo de Campos Valadares
- Scientific Calculator
- Graph paper such as this notebook
- Science Notebook such as this notebook
- Lab supplies – list coming soon
OPTIONAL MATERIALS (not included):
- Drawing Physics: 2600 Years of Discovery from Thales to Higgs by Don Lemons
- Five Equations that Changed the World: The Power and Poetry of Mathematics by Dr. Michael Guillen
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Physics by Sterling Education
- Class #1: Sept. 16th – Scientific Notation / Calculator Skills
- Class #2: Sept. 23rd – Scientific Notation / Calculator Skills
- Class #3: Oct. 14th – Newton’s Laws / Vectors
- Class #4: Oct. 21st – Newton’s Laws / Vectors
- Class #5: Nov. 11th – Falling Objects / Projectile Motion
- Class #6: Nov. 18th – Falling Objects / Projectile Motion
- Class #7: Dec. 9th – Force & Friction
- Class #8: Dec. 16th – Force & Friction
NOTE: Physics 102 will be offered in the Spring semester. Students must have taken Physics 101 to enroll in Physics 102.
Register for High School Physics 101 today!
CO-OP CLASSES / MEMBERSHIP POLICY
This is a live online class offered to members of “The Charlotte Mason Co-op Membership” Cancellations / non-payments of your monthly Membership fee will un-enroll you in any classes in which you registered for within the Membership. No refunds will be offered for classes lost due to cancellation or non-payment of your Membership. As a participant in The Charlotte Mason Co-op Membership, you will be required to read and agree to the rules stated within The Charlotte Mason Co-op Handbook. Any violation of the rules within the Handbook are grounds for removal from The Charlotte Mason Co-op and no refunds will be given for co-op fees or class registration fees.
There are no reviews yet.