HIGH SCHOOL CHEMISTRY 101
Fall 2021 Live Class with Lari Jo Edwards
We’ve got you covered when it comes to High School Science! All of our High School Science classes are taught by Lari Jo Edwards, the Science Education Specialist here at A Charlotte Mason Plenary.
Lari Jo has a Bachelor of Science degree in Marine Biology from Texas A&M University and a Master of Science degree in Ecological Teaching and Learning from Lesley University. She is an expert in the Charlotte Mason method of teaching Science and Nature Study and she is a Charlotte Mason homeschooling mom! You can learn more about Lari Jo and her credentials here.
CLASS DESCRIPTION FROM LARI JO:
Students will learn the beauty of the world by studying the smallest components of matter. This course is especially focused for students who desire a foundational knowledge of chemistry. We will cover the basics of chemistry and go more in depth next semester. Prerequisite: Algebra I
Fall semester is equal to 1/2 credit. Spring semester (not included) is equal to 1/2 credit. Must enroll in Chemistry 101 (Fall semester) to be admitted to Chemistry 102 in the Spring semester. Both courses count for a complete High School Chemistry program. (Syllabus coming soon)
- Day / Time: Tuesdays 11:00-12:00 a.m. Central Time
- Number of Classes: 8
- Minimum Class Size Needed: 10
- Max Class Size: 40 (classes fill fast, so act soon!)
- Membership Needed: The Charlotte Mason Co-op
- Class Registration Fee: $150
- Prerequisite: Algebra I
REQUIRED MATERIALS (not included):
- The Joy of Chemistry by Cathy Cobb
- Scientific Calculator
- Graph paper such as this notebook
- Science Notebook such as this notebook
- Lab supplies – list coming soon
OPTIONAL MATERIALS (not included):
- Everything You Need to Ace Chemistry in One Big Fat Notebook
- Crucibles: The Story of Chemistry by Bernard Jaffe
- Chemical History of a Candle by William Hammack
- Class #1: Sept. 7th – Atoms / Molecules, & Ions
- Class #2: Sept. 14th – Atoms / Molecules, & Ions
- Class #3: Oct. 5th – Periodic Table/ Metals / Nonmetals
- Class #4: Oct. 12th – Periodic Table / Metals / Nonmetals
- Class #5: Nov. 2nd – The Mole
- Class #6: Nov. 9th – The Mole
- Class #7: Dec. 7th – Stoichiometry
- Class #8: Dec. 14th – Stoichiometry
NOTE: Chemistry 102 will be offered in the Spring semester. Students must have taken Chemistry 101 to enroll in Chemistry 102.
Register for High School Chemistry 101 today!
CO-OP CLASSES / MEMBERSHIP POLICY
This is a live online class offered to members of “The Charlotte Mason Co-op Membership” Cancellations / non-payments of your monthly Membership fee will un-enroll you in any classes in which you registered for within the Membership. No refunds will be offered for classes lost due to cancellation or non-payment of your Membership. As a participant in The Charlotte Mason Co-op Membership, you will be required to read and agree to the rules stated within The Charlotte Mason Co-op Handbook. Any violation of the rules within the Handbook are grounds for removal from The Charlotte Mason Co-op and no refunds will be given for co-op fees or class registration fees.
There are no reviews yet.