High School Science classes taught by an ACTUAL Scientist?! Yes please!
Lari Jo Edwards is the Science Education Specialist here at A Charlotte Mason Plenary and she will be teaching THREE high school science classes at The Charlotte Mason Co-op! Yes THREE!
Lari Jo has a Bachelor of Science degree in Marine Biology from Texas A&M University and a Master of Science degree in Ecological Teaching and Learning from Lesley University. Most recently, she was the Education Coordinator at the Coastal Bend Bays & Estuaries Program in South Texas.
Now she’s teaching at The Charlotte Mason Co-op! Yay!
Here are ALL the classes Lari Jo will be offering during the Fall 2021 semester:
- High School Biology
- High School Chemistry
- High School Physics
- Middle School Science
- Field Notes Fridays
- Intro to Field Sketching
Let’s take a look at High School Biology!
This high school science course will fully prepare your student in the basics of biology, with topics in the biology and chemistry of life, cells, genetics, Taxonomy, and more.
The fall semester class is equal to 1/2 credit. The spring semester class will also be equal to 1/2 credit. Both courses count for a complete High School Biology program.
- Day / Time: Thursdays 10:00-11:00 a.m. Central Time
- Number of Classes: 8
- Minimum Class Size Needed: 10
- Max Class Size: 40 (classes fill fast, so act soon!)
- Class Registration Fee: $150
REQUIRED MATERIALS (not included):
- The Lives of a Cell by Lewis Thomas
- The Nature Handbook by Ernest Herbert Williams
- The Sand County Almanac by Aldo Leopold
- Scientific Calculator
- Graph paper such as this notebook
- Science Notebook such as this notebook
- Lab supplies – list coming soon
OPTIONAL MATERIALS (not included):
- Everything You Need to Ace Biology in One Big Fat Notebook
- Pentax 8.5×21 U-Series Papilio II Binocular for watching objects close-up and far away
- Roll of Butcher Paper such as this one
- Class #1: Sept. 9th – Atomic Structure / Cell Biology
- Class #2: Sept. 23rd – Atomic Structure / Cell Biology
- Class #3: Oct. 7th – Genetics / Heredity
- Class #4: Oct. 21st – Genetics / Heredity
- Class #5: Nov. 4th – Diversity of Nature Study (Taxonomy)
- Class #6: Nov. 18th – Diversity of Nature Study (Taxonomy)
- Class #7: Dec. 9th – Ecology
- Class #8: Dec 16th – Ecology
Students will have the opportunity to continue their study of Biology in the Spring semester with Biology 102. Both classes will give a student one full credit for High School Biology.
Watch Lari Jo talk about her High School Biology class in this video (she really knows her stuff!)
Lari Jo Talks About Her High School Biology Class
at The Charlotte Mason Co-op