JEWISH CULTURAL HISTORY (Part II)
with Amy Bodkin, EdS
What if we had the opportunity to explore the beauty and rich history of minority cultures?
And what if we had the opportunity to learn from someone who is part of that minority group but is also fluent in the majority culture? That is exactly what this class will offer!
Whether you are a non-Jewish family looking to expand your knowledge of the beauty to be found in Jewish history or a Jewish family looking to add an outsourced option for a Jewish school, this class is a great fit for all families!
- Day / Time: Thursdays @ 3:00pm CT
REQUIRED MATERIALS (not included)
- A Picture Book History of the Jews by Howard and Bette Fast
- Please note: This book is out-of-print, but we are in the process of getting permission to use the book for our class. You do not need to purchase the out-of-print copy.
- All About Jewish Time by Emily Sper
- The Always Pray Shawl by Sheldon Oberman
- New Year at the Pier by April Halprin Wayland
- Drop by Drop: A Story of Rabbi Akiva by Jacqueline Jules
- On One Foot by Linda Glaser
- The Travels of Benjamin of Tudela: Through Three Continents in the Twelfth Century by Uri Shulevitz
- Jewish Book of Centuries published by CMP (more info coming soon)
OPTIONAL MATERIALS (not included)
For any optional projects, I will provide you with a list of all the materials recommended each week.