Charlotte Mason Forum
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Welcome to the CM Citizenship / Plutarch Forum!

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@rachel-cmp)
Owner, A Charlotte Mason Plenary Admin
Topic starter

The Citizenship / Plutarch Forum is moderated by:
Rachel Lebowitz, owner of A Charlotte Mason Plenary
cmplenary.com

Hi I'm Rachel, owner of A Charlotte Mason Plenary.

Plutarch just got a whole lot easier and a lot more fun!

I absolutely LOVE Plutarch and have taught the subject to teens in our local CM co-op for many years.

I write Plutarch Guides that help students "get into" Plutarch and enjoy the "Grand Conversation" by adding annotations to Plutarch's text.

Here are some of my resources regarding Citizenship at A Charlotte Mason Plenary:

Feel free to ask questions!

😍 

Posted : 22/06/2021 7:23 pm
Topic Tags
(@raeanna-goss)

My students loved the Julius Caesar guide last year! All the parents are purchasing Publicola from you this year and we'll begin studying in October! I hope you keep releasing the guides as we use them!

Posted : 10/08/2021 11:30 am
(@mary-slone)

Do you have a suggestion of which life to start with?  We've put off Plutarch for some time, but I'm considering trying this year again.  Thanks!

Posted : 11/08/2021 9:14 pm
(@rachel-cmp)
Topic starter

@mary-slone Hi! Thanks for asking! I truly love Plutarch and I encourage everyone to give Plutarch a chance! I always recommend starting with Plutarch's Life of Publicola bc it's a VERY fascinating story and it has some really interesting connections to our modern-day lives. Most kids really enjoy the story! 

Also, I created The Annotated Plutarch Series to make Plutarch more accessible for both parents and students. It uses an easier (and more accurate) translation than the one by North. So I would definitely encourage you to give it a go! You can definitely do this 🙂 

However, if you would like to outsource the subject, I am teaching a Plutarch class in The Charlotte Mason Co-op this fall and we're studying Publicola! Here's a few links if you'd like to look into that option:

Plutarch for Teens class - Fall 2021

The Charlotte Mason Co-op

And please let me know if you have any questions! 

Posted : 12/08/2021 12:54 am
(@rachel-cmp)
Topic starter

Posted by: @raeanna-goss

My students loved the Julius Caesar guide last year! All the parents are purchasing Publicola from you this year and we'll begin studying in October! I hope you keep releasing the guides as we use them!

Thank you, @raeanna-goss! I'm so glad y'all are enjoying Plutarch!!! YAY!!! 😍 And thank you for using The Annotated Plutarch. And YES, I will definitely be releasing more Plutarch guides! Thanks so much for asking! ❤️ (and btw, we're so excited about having you teach music in The Charlotte Mason Co-op!)

Posted : 12/08/2021 1:00 am
Share: